One Less Orphan

This blog is a journal of our journey to Ellie Mei . She is an orphan living in an orphanage from ZhouKou, Henan, China.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Chinese Holiday

October 1-3 is the Chinese National Holiday, so the CCCWA will be closed, as well as the US Embassy in China.  That means for us....a delay of 3 days for Travel Approval.  Oh well...what is 3 days at this point, right?  I've been waiting nearly a year to pick up my baby girl.  I now feel like I need those extra 3 days to get everything completed!

We've decided to bring our 3 older children and just leave our 4 yr old home.  Hopefully this is a good choice.  I feel peace about it!  My mom is going to come again, but my dad isn't this time.  It makes rooms easy-1 for Grandma and big sis, 1 for the boys, and 1 for Jake, Ellie and I.  It gives everyone some space.  My mom is wonderful for coming and offering to help with the older kids.  I will miss my dad on this trip, though.

It is almost time, Ellie Mei-Li!  We love you!


1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! Take lots of pictures of the swi if you get a chance. I am not sure if we will get to go there, but who knows. Hoping our LOA comes on the 8th because there still may be chance to go by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete