One Less Orphan

This blog is a journal of our journey to Ellie Mei . She is an orphan living in an orphanage from ZhouKou, Henan, China.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Travel in 4 Days!

We officially travel in 4 days!  We are bringing 2 of our children...Monkey Boy and Princess Pea Pod.  We are all so excited to travel and I am trying to pack!  Ellie is packed.  Socks were purchased for me (mine all had holes and now that summer is over and socks are a must, I had to buy some).  My dear friend donated much needed essential oils that I was out of.  Doctors visits and flu shots completed.  Snacks purchased, outfits chosen (I wore them all to make sure they would be comfortable with a busy schedule and cooler weather, light to pack and easy care), laundry in the works.  Packing the remainder of the kids will happen tomorrow (and hopefully me).  Jake is almost back in town to help.  I am hoping that Monday (my birthday) is relaxing.  I have a facial scheduled-only the 2nd one in my life.  Hair cuts for the boys scheduled tomorrow.  Lists are made.  Copies of all docs are done.  Cashiers check for in-China travel has been sent.  Grandma is almost done with Ellie's soft purple blanket.  Monkey Boy finished the Book of Mormon Reader and cleaned my fridge today.  Princess Pea Pod and Monkey Boy have their list of homework to do while we're travelling.  Extra passport photos are taken.  VPN purchased (I highly recommend Express VPN).  House cleaned tomorrow and picked up on Tuesday morning.  Still several things on the list, but it is all getting done!  Now, if I can just stay calm and not let myself get overly anxious, which I am known to do. I didn't make my bed today, which tells you I'm feeling a little overwhelmed!

What is most important that is on October 28, we will be picking up a little miracle from Zhoukou, China, and she is going to be such a blessing in our lives.  Can't wait to begin this next part of our journey with our family!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Take a deep breath! If you forget anything you can purchase it there, just make sure the documents are packed. I am sure you have a list of wonderful group of people holding the fort down here in the states. Sun Xin Jie is more important than a bed made-though I know what you mean. I stress out on these things too! Enjoy your facial! A great way to start of your journey! I would recommend a message too! Especially with the long flight ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like chocolate too...especially dark:) Thanks for your message! I keep reminding myself of all of that! I might schedule that massage as well, though there is a great place in Zhengzhou that we went to last time. Maybe both!

      Delete
  2. just incase you don't know, likes chocolate is Kelleyn.

    ReplyDelete