One Less Orphan

This blog is a journal of our journey to Ellie Mei . She is an orphan living in an orphanage from ZhouKou, Henan, China.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Last Day Part I-Zoo


We had a great time at the zoo, though we were tired after.  Monkey Boy had begged us to go, and he really belongs in a zoo, so we went.  Ellie seemed to enjoy it, but easily lost interest.  Grandma stayed back.  Biggest disappointment was the Panda's.  They were locked behind a glass cage and you could hardly see them.  We missed the out playing in their playground.  Glad we saw them up close at the San Diego Zoo a while ago.  There were many animals to see and it was still worth it.  The subway exited right at the South entrance.  We took a taxi there for 20 rmb and the subway home for 9 rmb.  You'll see some of our favorite animals below, photos compliments of Monkey Boy.  You'll see 3 little monkeys that belong to me, too!




























2 comments:

  1. Hello. I was hoping to connect with you for a coupleof questions. We are traveling to China to get two sweeties probably in May. Our daughter is in Zhoukou! Her birthday is 4-9-11 so our babies are close and I wondered if they maybe even were in the same room. As we prepare to travel, I wondered if I could ask you a few question.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aimee, yes I would love to answer any questions you have! I need to update this blog with all of her home photos as well. Please feel free to email me at andereggj at gmail dot com. I would love to hear more about your story as well!

      Delete